Friday, December 16, 2011
Oh How Times Change
Let's rewind about 8 years and walk into my bedroom. Did I have carpet? What color was my bed? My walls? These are questions that were sometimes unanswerable! I had CRAP everywhere. I rarely even remember making my bed let alone clearing a path to it. I don't know why I had a closet because most of my clothes ended up on the floor. It wasn't unusual for me to find an old plate or cup with some unknown substance growing on it. Ok Ok Ok please stop. I then moved out, had a kid, and got engaged. This is where the change happened. I'm not sure if it was trying to please my future mother-in-law who came over more than liked, or that I had a family and my own house now. Cleaning was an every day task, I couldn't sit down on the couch at night until all the laundry was done! I was getting anxiety about the cleanliness of my house! Then my daughter became a clean freak! We couldn't have dishes in the sink, stuff on the floor, or beds not made. So then the obsession got worse. Ok so I can't let organization and cleaning control my life. I needed help! So I did some research and I have compiled ideas and information from many sites in order to make sure my days weren't consumed with cleaning. I now have several accordion files, binders, baskets, systems, etc...that make life smoother. I also became unengaged and now live in a small two bedroom apartment with my daughter. Now budgets and all that jazz are a necessity for me as well. I realized the hardest thing was to find ideas for small homes and for people with limited budgets. So my goal is to help you by sharing my ideas and the sites that I use! My first shout out is to A Bowl Full of Lemons! She is amazing and knows some great tricks and has some awesome printables! Check her out and check back in for ideas posted soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment